Happy winter (?!), lovely knitters!
This fall has continued to be busy, but the book is finally going to design early next week – so I should be back here (and knitting) more often now! And just in time, too, because the next Year of Sweaters KAL starts today! Welcome to Gift Knitting Season:
This tends to be one of the smaller KALs, but it’s always one of my favorite because there’s so much care and joy in gift knitting. Here’s the lowdown on the KAL:
- Timing: It will run from today, November 15, through January 1;
- To participate: Knit any of my designs (including accessories), or one you make up yourself through customfit (wips are welcome!);
- Keep in touch: Join the conversation on ravelry, instagram, twitter, facebook, pinterest or right here (@ me if you’re posting online so that I can see, and use the ravelry tag and/or hashtag giftkal for your project if you like)
- The prize: The winner will get two free months of CustomFit patterns, and a 30-minute online consultation with me.
- Theme: I’m loving these themes, even if I can’t quite seem to get to them, myself. I think basics make the best gifts, so that’s my optional KAL theme this time around.
I’m bursting with ideas, this time around. I have a little more deadline knitting to finish up, and then I’m hoping to polish off my own Verglas, finish knitting something I haven’t shown you yet, and then make a few small gift things for my nearest and dearest:
…and then, naturally, I have some gift sweaters planned too:
We’ll see how it goes – my knitting excitement always outstrips my knitting time. What gift knitting are you planning?
(Sadly, this means that the the fall sweater KAL is now complete. There were TONS of amazing finished sweaters this time, though – so please be sure to watch the FO thread in my ravelry group for the next week! Here’s a direct link – I’ll pick a winner next Wednesday, November 22.)