Ah… that’s going to be much, much better.
My dressform is sadly more short-waisted than I am, so you’ll have to imagine taller shoulders, there. But I think the new decreases are going to work out wonderfully and I’m so happy I took the time to rip and re-figure. I’m starting to look forward to finishing Tulip–this will be the last really fiddly part of the modifications. The right front is mirror-image to the left, and I’ll just be using the Ann Budd book for the sleeves. Wish me luck!
I’m not usually one for memes–too much time on livejournal a couple of years ago, maybe–but this one was fun enough to make me bend my rules. That, and I got tagged three separate times. Okay, okay already! 🙂
The rules: List seven random facts about you in your blog, then tag seven other people, making sure to let them know. So here goes!
- In college, I was a member of the Discordians and had a reasonably healthy obsession with Eris the goddess of chaos going on. It lasted until my computer (which I had named Eris, because sometimes I am stupid like that) failed in a spectacular way. But I still have a nostalgic fondness for all things Discordian.
- I have directed three plays as an adult: Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee, Long Day’s Journey Into Night by Eugene O’Neill, and Lemon Sky by Lanford Wilson.
- I adore road trips, and will turn any vacation into one given the slightest provocation. It’s something about the open road, the land, and freedom. My latest was our cross-country drive last summer, when the three of us moved here to CA. I hope to drive up to Ashland for the Shakespeare festival this year.
- I love the cinema, and am notoriously un-picky when it comes to movies. I can and do derive just as much enjoyment out of a terrible film as an excellent one. This drives my husband bananas.
- Speaking of the husband, I am married to my high school sweetheart. It’s impossible for me to imagine spending my life with anyone else, and I think I must be the luckiest person in the world to have found him so quickly. He even has great taste in yarn!
- I love love love to dance. Over the years, I’ve studied and enjoyed ballet, modern, swing (East and West coast), lindy hop, Argentinian tango, various waltzes, foxtrot, rhumba, cha-cha, mambo, and bellydance.
- I make challah with Jacob every Friday, without fail. I started when we moved here because there’s just no good commercially-available challah on the peninsula; now I treasure it as an experience that will be woven through Jacob’s childhood. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, every week. This week’s efforts:
So there you have it! A random slice of my life. You’re next, Gina, Diana, Erin, Amelia, Cara, Ashley, and anyone who hasn’t played yet!