Happy New Year to you and yours! I’m really excited about 2014. 2013 was such a tumultuous year for our family, one of such massive change. Through it all, I managed to knit rather a lot of sweaters. And now after a lovely few weeks focusing on family and soaking up the time with my kids, we’re all ready to get back to “normal life”.
Of course, I’m sure there are changes lurking in the coming months, too, but for the moment it feels great to just pause, know the shape of the next few months, and dive into a wonderful, woolly pile of work. I love the New Year holiday every year for this reason: Somehow, I always start the year in a place of optimism, hope, and a readiness to dive in.
Naturally, I have a lot of travel coming up. Want to find me? I’ll be here over the next couple of months:
- Jan 9-14: Winter TNNA show in lovely San Diego (which I will probably not see even a little bit of, so don’t get too jealous!)
- Jan 16-20: Vogue Knitting Live, NYC
- Jan 31-Feb 2:The Studio Knitting Retreat
- Feb 19-24: STITCHES West – we’ll have a CustomFit booth in the marketplace!
- Feb 28 – March 2: Classes TBA at Windy Knitty in Chicago
- March 13 – 16: Vogue Knitting Live, Seattle
- March 23: Stitch House, Dorchester
- March 31: Iron Horse, Natick
- April 10-13: STITCHES South – I’m the keynote speaker and will teach all weekend. Hope to see you!
- April 30 – May 4: TNNA Summer show in Indianapolis
- May 16-18: AR Fiber Festival
- June 5-8: Squam!!!
And if you’re going to be any of these places, I’d love to see you. The next book is full-steam-ahead right now, too. Which is exciting in its own chaotic, inspiring, messy way.
(Ever wonder what a book looks like, mid-way through? There you go!)
Normally, this would make for a pretty crazy couple of months and you’d see me again in May…
…but I’m going to try to avoid a repeat of last fall and spend more time doing things that recharge my batteries and my creativity. I expect more knitting, more time soaking up great conversations with friends, and more time here on the blog. I’ve missed you all.
One of the by-products of this is that I’m likely to change my pattern releases to be more collection-based rather than one at a time. I think there’s something exciting about the promise of a group of sweaters, and I’m excited to share the first set with you. I think it makes sense to do the same thing with CustomFit Recipe releases. For future sweater collections, there will be an option for a “Recipe collection” at the same time.
In addition, lots of prople have asked about recipes for my previously-published patterns. I’m in the process of creating those now, and will be releasing them in in collections of five pattern “recipes” each.
There will be three sets:
- Collection 1: Adelina, Ayana, Beacon Hill, Nantasket (both options), Newtowne.
- Collection 2: Aislinn, Arm Candy, Caulfield (both options), Petrea, Seamair.
- Collection 3: Alight, Alta, Sebasco, Trimmings (both options), Wintry Mix.
- The Sebasco Collection will also be available as a recipe collection.
The first is ready for you, and I’m excited to share it!
Please note that this collection is for CustomFit recipes ONLY. You will not get complete pattern instructions, and when you knit the sweaters an additional CustomFit pattern purchase will be required. On the up-side, the recipes give you instructions for creating these sweaters in your gauge, for your body, with no math required.
I hope you like the idea! You can find the e-book in my Ravelry store, and I can’t wait to share a whole new year of sweaters with you.