Happy Friday, lovely knitters!
The weather is still steamy here, but my thoughts always turn to fall in August despite the heat. Crisp mornings walking through a sleepy garden with a cup of hot coffee; cold, clear nights sky-gazing; dazzling color in the trees on a sunny day. Fall is my favorite time and always has been – not the least because it’s utterly perfect sweater weather.
So as my thoughts look forward (and maybe yours, too?), it’s time for the summer KAL to end, and the next to begin:
Here’s the lowdown:
- Timing: It will run from august 1 – november 15;
- To participate: Knit any of my designs, or one you make up yourself through customfit (wips are welcome!);
- Keep in touch: Join the conversation on ravelry, instagram, twitter, facebook, pinterest or right here (@ me if you’re posting online so that I can see, and use the ravelry tag and/or hashtag fallsweaterkal for your project if you like)
- The prize: The winner will get two free months of CustomFit patterns, and a 30-minute online consultation with me.
- Theme: I’m loving the themes, even though I never seem to get to them, myself. Fall always makes me long for cables, so that’s the (optional) focus this time around.
As I said on Ravelry, my needles are hopelessly mired in deadline knitting right now – there are [redacted] book sweaters left to finish, and the retreat designs, and then a collection for the fall, and…
…well. In lieu of the personal knitting I usually like to do for these KALs, I have a (sort of) new design for you:
I’m so glad to share that you can now create a CustomFit version of Birch Bark! I love this sweater, and have wanted to bring it into CustomFit since I added the ability to accommodate cables to the site last fall.
Are your thoughts turning toward fall, too? Either way, join us in the KAL – what sweaters are you planning?