Please note that Cypress Cove is available as a custom-gauge, custom-size pattern via my CustomFit custom pattern generator. Upon purchase, you’ll receive a credit for a custom version of Cypress Cove and instructions on how to create it.
Cypress Cove is a versatile, transitional open cardigan with a narrow neckline and fold-over garter stitch collar. The look is a bit like a tiny shawl collar, but no shaping is needed, keeping the sweater very simple to knit. A small amount of 1×1 ribbing trims the sleeve cuffs and hem – but this cardigan definitely lets your choice of yarn shine through.
I’ve worked it in a cozy 100% BFL wool with a beautiful sheen, but it would work equally well in many other materials too – from linens to cotton blends to a drapey silk blend. While it’s shown here with set-in 3/4 sleeves, an average length, and half-hourglass silhouette, CustomFit allows you to make the design your own. You can choose from any of CustomFit’s sleeve constructions, sleeve lengths, fits, torso silhouettes, and sweater lengths. Since you make the choices, your Cypress Cove will be perfect for you.
You can buy Cypress Cove in one of two ways:
- A traditional pattern PDF, for $10, written in a half-hourglass shape, a single gauge, and for 12 standard sizes. A download will be immediately available. **NOTE: Now available in sport, dk, and worsted gauges.**
- A custom Cypress Cove pattern, for $12.50, written to your exact gauge (from fingering to bulky) and to measurements of your choice. A credit to customize this pattern will be immediately deposited into your account upon purchase. You’ll need to store the gauge and measurements you’d like the pattern written for before customizing.
The traditional Cypress Cove pattern is written in one of four gauges:
- 24 sts and 32 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch;
- 22 sts and 30 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch;
- 20 sts and 28 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch.
A custom Cypress Cove pattern will be written for your own personal gauge.
I used The Knitting Boutique’s Mattawoman, in the color “Chocolate”, for this design. Mattawoman is a 100% Blue Faced Leicester yarn, but any wool, wool-silk, or wool-alpaca yarn will make a lovely version of this design.
For other yarns, CustomFit will give you a yardage estimate before you finalize a custom pattern, but you can also use Hannah Fettig’s Stashbot app or pamphlet to estimate yarn requirements when purchasing yarn.
Cypress Cove is worked in pieces from the bottom up and then seamed, with set-in or modified drop shoulder sleeves.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.