Continuing in the fall frenzy theme, I’m excited to let you know that the make. wear. love. spring 2017 brochure is ready!
Based on feedback from last spring and the fall retreat that’s just passed, I’m continuing to let the format evolve to match what knitters want. I’ve got loads more detail for you in the brochure and on the retreat page, but here’s a super-quick low-down for the logistics-minded among you:
- When & where: 6-9 April, at the stunning Asilomar Conference Grounds on the Monterey Peninsula.
- Attendee Options: You can come either as a student, or as a wayfarer: These options have changed a bit from past retreats- read on for details!
- Cost: $995 for students, $845 for wayfarers; lodging not included due to Asilomar’s many options.
- Schedule: A pretty even mix of formal in-class learning, smaller, topic-focused lectures, demos, and round-tables, and large group events in the evenings.
- Education: There are three 3-hour classes in the mornings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; students take these classes, while wayfarers have the option of shorter instructor-led informal sessions / local activities, or chilling on their own. Our teachers this fall are myself, Laura Nelkin, Catherine Lowe, and Kate Atherley for the morning classes, and Kim McBrien Evans and Patty Lyons for the less-formal wayfarer sessions. In the afternoons, instructors will give a series of topic-focused, shorter mini-sessions. Both students and wayfarers can come to as many or as few as they’d like.
- Registration: Opens on Wednesday, November 2, at 12pm Eastern.
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to drop me a note at [email protected], or join the conversation in my Ravelry group. I use the hashtag #makewearloveretreat for these events, and there are some stunning shots from previous retreats at that link!
These weekends are so incredibly magical and inspiring, and I can’t wait to spend another one with all of you, and these incredible instructors, in this incredible place:
I hope to see you in California next spring!!