I’m back from Vogue Knitting Live NYC and I had a lovely time with all of my students getting into sweater nitty-gritty. I’m excited to kick off a new KAL with you, too. But first! Let’s talk shopping.
I didn’t have a ton of time to roam the marketplace at Vogue, but I did manage to make two excursions, and got something lovely both times:
First up: Fuse Fiber Studio Luxury Fingering, in “Black Pearls”. You wouldn’t even believe how great this feels! I saw a sample of a similar color knit up in their booth, and I can’t wait to play around with it. I also picked up a sweater quantity of my beloved Green Mountain Spinnery Mewesic, in the color “Evergreen” this time because I’m trying to wear more color this year.
(In fact, I have a sneak peek to share with you on that score – the lovely people at Indigodragonfly sent me something SO BRIGHT and I made a sweater from it and I love it:
I’m in the process of making it publish-worthy right now, stay tuned!)
Winter Spring KAL
Now that I’m back home, it’s time to formally kick off Winter-Spring, the next “Year of Sweaters” KAL:
This used to be called the Deep Winter KAL, when it was shorter. I came up with the optional theme this time when I was musing on the (seemingly) endless stretch of cold, gray days ahead. I don’t know about you, but this time of year I need a bit of indulgence. Fiber that’s extra soft, or extra woolly, or extra… something. Some superlative that gets me curled up with my needles and ready to go.
Here’s the lowdown on the KAL:
- Timing: It will run from, uh, two days ago, January 15, through May 15;
- To participate: Knit any of my designs, traditional or via CustomFit (wips are welcome!);
- Keep in touch: Join the conversation on ravelry, instagram, twitter, facebook, pinterest or right here (@ me if you’re posting online so that I can see, and use the ravelry tag and/or hashtag winterspringkal for your project if you like)
- The prize: The winner will get two free months of CustomFit patterns, and a 30-minute online consultation with me.
- Theme: The themes are optional, but if you’re ready for a bit of indulgence too (however you define it), I hope you’ll join me.
I’m bursting with ideas, as usual. I have a little more deadline knitting to finish up (eternally), but I’m also working with my favorite Habu right now. And then, I think, a journey back to my favorite Indigodragonfly base. And then, I have a few more things up my sleeve.
What are you most anxious to curl up with these days?
(This does mean that the the gift KAL is now complete. We had some stupendously lovely entries this time – so please be sure to watch the FO thread in my ravelry group for the next week! Here’s a direct link – I’ll pick a winner next Wednesday, January 24.)